Department of Biomedical Engineering at KLE Dr. MSSCET was established during 1997. The Department is recognized by VTU, Belagavi and KLE Technological University, Hubbali as Research Center for pursuing Ph.D. programmes. Currently 8 research scholars are pursuing P.hD under Biomedical department research center . The department is headed by Dr. R. H. Havaldar. It has a team of dedicated faculty members to take personal care in all-round development of students.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. R. H. Havaldar
To impart quality education in the field of biomedical science by applying engineering principles.
- To achieve academic excellence by applying biomedical engineering knowledge.
- To adapt emerging technologies in biomedical engineering through continual learning.
- To acquire the knowledge of medical instrumentation through engineering and related R & D activities.
- To work with hospitals and healthcare industries to enhance practical knowledge.
- To develop competencies for employability and entrepreneurship in core and interdisciplinary areas.
- The department every year conducts motivational Guest Lectures, Seminars for the students to help them cope up with the needs of the Industry.
- The Biomedical Engineering Staff-Students Technical Association (BESTA) actively conducts various Technical activities like Hospital visit, Industrial visits, and Workshops and Webinars on advanced topics etc.
- The Department conducts the “Product Analysis Competitions” wherein a class is divided into two Groups and asked to form a company, produce a virtual product and market it.