HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. M. Manjunath
The Department is headed by Dr. M. Manjunath who has 28 years of experience. In the Civil Engineering department all the faculty members have completed their Post Graduation in different streams of Civil Engineering and some of them are pursuing their Ph.D.
To impart value embedded technical education to students for developing innovative and sustainable solutions to civil engineering challenges.
- To inspire young minds through a stimulating and comprehensive program.
- To impart quality education for achieving academic excellence.
- To inculcate a sense of attitude, discipline, teamwork and social responsibility.
- To imbibe passion for life long learning and research activities.
- To promote interaction with institutions and industries of excellence.
- 27 faculty members with 7 Professors, 3 Associate Professors, and 17 Assistant Professors.
- Published more than 300 technical papers in National and International Journals/Conferences
- The Department has well-equipped laboratories namely Structural, Geotechnical, Environmental, Hydraulics, Transportation, Material Testing, Geology, Survey and Computer-Aided Design Engineering with the latest types of equipment and software.
- 12 national level conferences/ workshops/seminars were organized
- Every year Technical Fests are conducted.
- 95% of passing in UG and 100% in PG for the last 5 years with 5 University Ranks.
- Research Center: 10 PhDs are awarded and 11 (one M.Sc in Engg) are pursuing.
- Consultancy services generate annual revenue of more than Rs. 40 Lakhs.
- Social Activities: Training technical and nontechnical people in environmental protection and health.
- Major recruiters: L&T (ECC), MWH Pune, Mindtree, PunjLoyd, Renuka Sugars Pvt. Ltd. and B.G.Shirke Construction Company.