The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 1979 with an annual intake of 60. The department consists of 19 qualified faculty with 6 doctorates. The National Board of Accreditation (NBA) accredited the department thrice and is recognised by has All India Council for Technical Education New Delhi. The department consists of ICT-enabled classrooms and state of-art laboratories. We have established a “Learning Factory” consisting of CNC machines, 3D printers and other prototyping machines to enhance engineering skills. The department follows an outcome-based education system and comes under the ambit of KLE Technological University. The syllabus consists of interdisciplinary courses integrated with labs and projects. Students also get the opportunity to register for a minor program in information technology.
More than 50 students of the department have secured ranks in university since inception. We are a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), one of the leading sources for mobility technology. Our students participate in automotive and aero-design competitions across India under the SAE club. Human Resource & Training Cell (HRTC) trains our students and prepares them for placement. There is a placement record of more than 80% every year and other students perusing higher studies abroad. Students will get an opportunity to work on industry sponsored project under the Ready Engineer program. The department also offers financial support to students for attending conferences, seminars and participating various competitions
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. C V Adake
To impart quality education for developing technically sound and globally competent mechanical engineers.
- To excel in academics.
- To inculcate and promote R & D activities.
- To motivate the staff and students for career development.
- To imbibe lifelong technical and ethical development.
- To strengthen industry-institute interaction.
- Qualified and experienced faculty with PhDs from IITs and reputed Universities.
- State of class rooms, seminar hall and laboratories.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) club to train the students for automotive and design competitions.
- Guest lectures, Industrial visits and Add-on courses for students to improve industry-institute interaction.
- Mini and Major projects for 2nd and 3rd year to nurture the creative skills.
- Master tutorials for critical subjects in each semester.
- 50 Ranks to the University.
- Training and placement activities through Human Resource Training Cell (HRTC).
- Financial support to the students and faculty for research.