BCA Program Description Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a three year program to prepare graduates for challenging careers in the Information Technology industry. The core of the bachelor’s degree curriculum includes programming languages, Data Structures, Database Management Systems, Web Programming, Mobile Applications, and Networking. Further, in higher semesters the program introduces the latest emerging fields like Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber Security, and Artificial Intelligence. Theoretical learning is integrated with hands-on laboratories and course projects to make the courses highly experiential and contextual.
The course work is complemented with interventions to sharpen or develop soft skills like communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills, and critical thinking, which are essential for a successful career. From the first to the final year, students have opportunities to carry out several projects in which student teams, working with faculty/industry mentors, put their knowledge to work on a real-world issue to find innovative solutions. The program also offers the option of doing an internship with industry or research labs.
– Emphasis on strong theoretical foundations in various topics of study.
– Students acquire core competency in Software Engineering and Application Development.
– Project and practice based learning involving applications of industry relevant technologies.
– Industry collaboration for the teaching learning process.
– In-semester project development opportunities.
– Acquire soft skills and develop mathematical thinking and logical reasoning (VIKAS).
– Mock interview to prepare students for campus interviews.
– Exposure to cutting edge technologies through seminars and workshops.