The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in the year 1996 and has an annual intake of 60 students. The Department is recognized by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and KLE Technological University, Hubballi as Research Centre for pursuing M.Sc. (Engineering) / Ph.D. programmes. The Department is headed by Dr. Umesh B. Deshannavar. The department has a team of dedicated faculty members with an average teaching experience of more than 20 years to take personal care in all-round development of students.
The Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP), Malaysia .Students undergo Research Attachment Programmme in Virtual/Regular mode.
The Department has been organizing National level conferences, Symposiums, various co-curricular and extracurricular activities in association with Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) – Student Chapter, American Institute of Chemical Engineers(AIChE)-Student Chapter, Sneham International, Belagavi, Anand Life sciences, Belagavi and many other Industries.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. Umesh Deshannavar
To be a department of excellence in education and research meeting the requirements of industry and society
- To create graduates with sound knowledge in theoretical and applied aspects of Chemical Engineering.
- To prepare graduates for professional practice and higher studies in core and multidisciplinary areas through seminars and projects.
- To achieve excellence in academics and research through quality education and student support systems.
- Foster industry-institute relationship to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- To facilitate employ ability and entrepreneurship through holistic education and alumni network.
- MoU with S. Nijalingappa Sugar Institute and UniversitiTeknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
- Compulsory industrial training and mini projects at 2nd and 3rd year level
- Strong alumni network. They are well placed in various government organizations and industries in India and abroad