DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department is established in the year 1986.This is one of the premier Departments in the college and is most preferred by the student community. The department has well qualified teaching faculty comprising of 02-Profs, 01-Assoc. Profs and 13-Asst.Profs. Training the students for the state of the art technology is the main aim of the department.
HEAD of DEPARTMENT
Dr. Dattaprasad Torse
To be the center of excellence for education and research in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To achieve academic excellence by encouraging active student-teacher relation.
- To groom students with high moral and ethical standards.
- To promote socially-relevant research and development activities.
- To collaborate with institutions and industries for knowledge sharing, employability, and entrepreneurship.
- To encourage life-long learning in developing innovative products and services
- Students have performed extremely well over the years by securing ranks to the university with excellent university results consistently above 96%.
- Graduated Students have been placed in companies like Microchip, AEEGION, Eco Lab, Clarivate, Principal Global Solutions, Cadence, BEL, Robert Bosch, TCS Solutions, Continental, Accords, Sankalp semiconductors, Mindtree etc. and has 95% placement record
- Both staff and students have participated in national and International workshops and have published papers in reputed conferences and journals.
- Many times students have bagged best project of the year award at state level student project programme/Exhibition conducted by KSCST Bangalore.
Department Lab Details
|Sl.No||Sem||Name of the lab||Equipments||Qty||Software Used||Lab Area|
|1||III||Analog Electronics Lab||Electronic Work Bench||22||LT spice (open source)||163 Sq.m|
|2||IV||Data Aquisition Lab|
|3||V||DSP LAB||DSP 6713||30||Mat lab 2021 Campus wide Licence||163 Sq.m|
|4||VI||Embedded Systems||Arm Cortex M3 Kits||30||Keil 5,Flash Magic|
|5||VII||Computer Networks Lab||Computers||60||Fedora 7,Vmware software|
|6||V AND VII||VII and V||VLSI Lab||Intel Core i3 Computer Systems||Cadence University standard bundle Software||30 sq. m|
|8||III||MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY||89C51ED2 FLASH EVALUATION BOARD With Cables Adopter& accessories||45||keil 3||163 sq.mtr|
|9||IV||DSD_VERILOG HDL LAB LABORATORY||FPGA-04 Trainer Kit with Universal Base Board, Daughter Board -3 optional – XC35400, Regulated Power supply, Xi lynx Downloader||30||Xlink 14.7|
|10||IV||ARM MICROCONTROLLER LAB LABORATORY||1)Device- Desktop Processor: Intel (R) core, [email protected] Installed Ram-4.00 GB(3.87GB Usable) System type -64 bit Operating System Edition-Windows10 pro 22Hz 2)Device- Desktop Processor: Intel (R) core, [email protected] Installed Ram-4.00 GB(3.87GB Usable) System type -64 bit Operating System Edition-Windows10 pro 22Hz||54||11|
|11||VI||Digital Communication||1. Microstrip component Trainer set S band(2-3GHz) 2.Micro||03 sets 25 01 15 15 15 15 01 10 each 10||81.39|
|12||IV||Digital Electronics Lab||IC Trainers IC Tester||25 01||162.78|
Workshops/Webinars Conducted 2020-21
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, KLE Dr. M S Sheshgiri, College of Engineering and Technology, Belagavi organized a webinar
Workshops/Webinars Conducted 2019-20
The Department of Electronics and Communication organized a “Webinar on MathWorks Campus Engagement program” for faculties on 03-06-2020 at 3.30P.M.it was coordinated by Dr.Arun S.Tigadi.
Topics of the webinar:
- How MATLAB & SIMULINK family helps professors with their research
- How MATLAB & SIMULINK can be a part of their curriculum
- How students can utilize for their projects.
The Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engg, KLEDrMSSCET.Belagavi organized a Webinar on “Roles & Opportunities for CISCO Network Engineers” in Association with Na-WIN Gurukula, Bengaluru on 8th June 2020 , 11:00am for the overall benefits of the Students of our college. It was coordinated by Prof.S.M.Hungund.
The live interactive webinar provided the information about
- Industry Expectation from Entry level Graduates
- How to become Subject Matter Expert of Technology
- How to acquire the Technical Skills
- Future of Network Engineering
- Common Mistakes Fresher’s do in Selecting the Career path
Workshops Conducted 2018 – 19
1) Tech talk By Nikhil: Tech talk by Electronics and Communication engineering department alumni Mr Nikhil Maggavi senior engineer Mercedes Benz, on scope for Automotive Electronics in present day Scenario, was held on 7th August 2018 for 5th sem .
2) A Guest lecture on “Happy Learning” by Mr.Subramani Sarode on 11th August 2018 for 5th sem UG students.The event was coordinated by Prof.Swati M.
3)Teacher’s Day Celebration: Teachers Day has been celebrated on 05-09-2018 on occasion of Birth date of Dr.Radakrishnan
4) Engineers’s Day Celebration: Teachers Day has been celebrated on 15-09-2018 on occasion of Birth date of Sir.M.Visvesvaraya. Dr.U.L.Naik addressed the gathering and briefed about the life story Sir M.Visvesvaraya.
5) Fresher’s Day Celebration: Freshers Day has been celebrated on 28-09-2018
6) Machine Learning Workshop ECSSA organized 2 day work shop on “Machine Learning with Python” for 5th sem students on 29th and 30th September 2018, coordinated by Prof. Suresh F Murgod.
7) PCB Design Workshop ECSSA organized two day Workshop on PCB Design from 2/09/2018 to 3/09/2018 for 3rd semester EC students and coordinated by Prof. Suresh Murgod
8) A Project Exhibition was organized on 13th November 2018 to showcase the technical skills of Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate students. Around 80 Projects were exhibited. Ms.Kajal Rajvaidya, Mr. Vijay Bhattad and Mr. Arjun Devrankar from KITS Akola were the Judges for the exhibition. The event was coordinated by Prof. Ashwini Desai, Prof Suresh Murgod and Prof. Sadashiva Shirbur.
9) “EC-STARTUPS” (A Management Event) was organised on 17th November 2018 to encourage the students to become entrepreneurs and to help them understand various concepts in management studies. Prof. Prayag Gokhale and Prof. Ameet Chate were the Judges for the Event.Prof. Ashwini Desai Prof and Shweta Madiwalar Co-ordinated the Event.
10) Two days workshop NOVA (New Age Innovation) on Robotics and Drones is conducted by Electronics and Communication Engineering department of KLE Dr. MSSCET Belagavi, in association with KITS Technology learning center. Ms. Kajal Raj Vaidya CEO, Mr. Vijay Bhattad vice president and Mr. Arjun Devrankar, automation expert of KITS Company were the resource persons for the workshop. This workshop was coordinated by Prof. Lingaraj Duggani and Prof. Anand Konnur.
11) Two day workshop on Arduino Programming was conducted by Dept of E&C on 25th and 26th October 2018.the event was coordinated by Prof.Basavaraj Chougula and Prof.Arun Tigadi. Around 100 students participated in the workshop.
12) Two days’ workshop on “Tutorial Video Making” was held on 20th and 21st Dec 2018 & resource person by Prof.R.P.Punagin.The event was coordinated by Prof.Shweta.M.
13) Talk on “Entrepreneurship Awareness and Opportunities” by Girish Kulkarni,SEDOK,Belagavi on 8th December 2018.The event was coordinated by Prof.Prabhakar Manage.
14) The STTP on “IOT and DSP Application” was conducted from 1st to 6th January 2019 by Texas Instrument. The event was coordinated by Prof.Swati M. and Dr.Rajshree K.
15) One day Docker workshop was conducted by Mr.Swapneel Patnekar on 1st February 2019.the event was coordinated by Prof.Sushant Jadhav.
16) Two day workshop on Embedded Application Development was conducted by Dept of E&C on 15th and 16th February 2019.the event was coordinated by Prof.Basavaraj Chougula and Prof.Arun Tigadi. Around 60 students participated in the workshop from neighboring engineering colleges.
17) A talk on higher education abroad for engineering students on 22nd February 2019. The event was coordinated by Dr.Sheela Kore.
18) IOT Training by CDAC on 22nd and 23rd February 2019. The event was coordinated by Prof.Vidyadhar Doddamani
19) Industrial Visit to ISRO,Bangalore for 6th Sem students on 25th February 2019. It was Coordinated by Prof.S.M.Hungund,Prof.Swati M and Prof. Sagar Metri.
20) ENGINEERING STUDENTS STUDY BUSINESS OPERATIONS The Department of Electronics and Communication, KLE Dr. M S Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology, Belagavi had organized a one day industrial visit to Shri Someshwar Sahakari Sakkare Karkhane Niyamit, Bailhongal, Shashi Sidanal Foods Pvt. Ltd., Sanikoppa Bailhongal and Vijaykanth Sidanal Foods Pvt. Ltd. Kurgund, Bailhongal on 13/02/2019
21) Code-athon 8086 programming event for the 4th sem students was organised on 5th April 2019 by Dept Of Electronics and Communication Engineering coordinated by Prof Arun S Tigadi Prof Vijay Rayar
22) Symposium on Advances in Wireless and Mobile Communications on 25th March 2019 for 8th Sem Students.The event was coordinated by Dr.U.L.Naik and Dr.Sheela Kore.
23) A Project Exhibition was organized on 22nd May 2019 to showcase the technical skills of Under-Graduate students. Dr D S Suresh principal & Prof. CIT Tumukur, Mr Jaydeep Birje, Director Leo engg. & consultant , Mr Vaibhav Chavan Co_founder Zeel code lab. And Mrs Shruti Rayaji Live hive technologies Pvt Ltd were the Judges for the exhibition. The event was coordinated by Prof. Ashwini Desai, Prof Suresh Murgod and Dr Rajashre K
Workshops Conducted 2017 – 18
- Workshop on “An Introduction to MatLab and its application” on 17-08-2017 Coordinated by Prof. Arun Tigadi.
- Session on “E-mail and telephonic ethiquettes” on 24-08-2017 by Prof. Ameet Chate and coordinated by Prof. Vijay Rayar and Prof. Anand Konnur
- Induction Program on 04-09-2017 for 3rd semester students
- Two day Workshop on “Arduino-for Automotive Electronics” from 06/10/2017 to 07/10/2017 conducted by Prof. Basavaraj Chougula and Coordinated by Prof. Arun Tigadi
- Session on “Basics of electric Circuit in Network Analysis” from 09/10/2017 to 10/10/2017 by Prof. R. P. Punagin
- National level paper presentation”e-Renatus-17″ from 03-11-2017 and 04-11-2017 Coordinated by Prof. Nataraj Vijapur and Prof. Sagar M.
- One day Hands on Workshop on CCN on 12-03-2018 by Mr. Md. Yaseen Mulla and coordinated by Prof. Rudrappa Gujanatti
- Session on “Career Opportunities in Semiconductor Industry” from 24/03/2018 to 25/03/2018 by Coordinated by Prof. Kartik E.C.
- Two day Workshop on PCB from 24/03/2018 to 25/03/2018 by Prof. Suresh Murgod
- Two day Workshop on “Raspberry-Pi Programming” from 06/04/18 to 07/04/18 by Prof. Basavaraj Chougula and coordinated by Prof. Nataraj Vijapur
- Two day Workshop on Arduino programming for Beginners (First Year Students) from 20/04/18 to 21/04/18 by Prof. Basavaraj Chougula and Prof. Arun Tigadi
- Project Expo-2018 on 24-04-2018 by Coordinated by Dr.Rajashri Khanai and Prof. Swati M.
- Two day hands on Training on “UNIFIED TECHNOLOGY LEARNING PLATFORM” from 04/05/18 to 05/05/18 By Prof. Vidyadhar Dodamani
- A workshop on “Documentation Etiquettes” on 07-05-2018 by Prof. Rudrappa Gujanatti and coordinated by Prof. Arun Tigadi
B.E. Teaching Staff List
|Sl. No.||Name||Designation||Phone number|
|4||Mrs. Shobha R. Hiremath||Peon||9535609423|
|5||Mrs. Mahadevi Kumbar||Peon||7022630923|
|6||Laxmi. L. Karegar||Peon||9071289718|