HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. M. Manjunath
The Department is headed by Dr. M. Manjunath who has 28 years of experience. In the Civil Engineering department all the faculty members have completed their Post Graduation in different streams of Civil Engineering and some of them are pursuing their Ph.D.
To impart value embedded technical education to students for developing innovative and sustainable solutions to civil engineering challenges.
- To inspire young minds through a stimulating and comprehensive program.
- To impart quality education for achieving academic excellence.
- To inculcate a sense of attitude, discipline, teamwork and social responsibility.
- To imbibe passion for life long learning and research activities.
- To promote interaction with institutions and industries of excellence.
- Qualified faculty in various domains of Civil engineering with 09 doctorates.
- Well-equipped laboratories namely Structural, Geotechnical, Environmental, Hydraulics, Transportation, Material Testing, Geology, Survey and Computer-Aided Design Engineering with the latest equipment and software.
- The department has produced 10 doctorates, presently 02 in-house and 08 from other institutes are pursuing research. The research center has 6 recognized research supervisors.
- 95% of passing in UG and 100% in PG for the last 5 years with 5 University Ranks.
- Conducting HRTC training for placement
- Organizing of Tech-fests, Seminars, Workshops, Hands-on training are held regularly.
- Department has organized one International conference, 12 National level conferences/ workshops/seminars.
- Faculty have published technical papers in National and International Journals/Conferences
- SCI Peer reviewed Journal: 64
- Book chapter:02
- Books Published:04
- Other Journals:75
- Conferences attended: 34
- The departmental consultancy services generate annual revenue of more than Rs. 40 Lakhs.
- Major Consultancy projects: Remediation measures for Lake eutrophication of Unkal Lake ,Hubballi, Smart City , Hubballi, Structural and Functional Evaluation of Pavements, GMR, DPR Preparation (USSIDMT), City Corporation, Belagavi, Design of Pavements, Smart City, Belagavi, Structural design of CBT bus stand and Kala mandir, Smart City, Belagavi, Structural Assessment of Govt. Polytechnic Mangalore, VTU, Belagavi
- Funds obtained for research projects and laboratory up-gradation:
- Karnataka Fund for Infrastructure Strengthening in Science and Technology (K-FIST) Level 1- 20 Lakhs – Project coordinator Dr. V. D. Gundakalle
- MODROB- 13 Lakhs- Project Coordinator Dr. S. V. Itti
- MODROB- 5.5 Lakhs-Project Coordinator Dr. R. V. Raikar
- MODROB- 13.27 Lakhs-Project Coordinator Dr. R. V. Raikar
- Research and Development Fund- Rs 30000 project coordinator Dr. Praveen Ghorpade
- Social Activities: Swaach Bharat Abhiyan, World Environment day, World water day etc.
- MoU and Collaboration: National Institute of Hydrology, New Delhi, National Highway Authority of India, New Delhi, Research collaboration with National Chung-Hsing University, Taiwan, Industrial research collaboration with Hindalco Works Pvt. Ltd., KMF Belagavi,, Aqua Alloys Pvt. Ltd., and Central Pottery Institute.
- Teaching Learning
- Well equipped class rooms
- Asynchronous teaching through Studio classroom
- Blended Mode of Teaching Learning
- Online Classes
- Class Videos
- Laboratory videos
- Course Material
- Online Quiz
- Best Practices (Beyond Curriculum)
- Skill Development Center: Hands-on-training on construction practices for students
- Faculty Internship: deputed to design firms and R&D organisation
- Multi-Disciplinary Projects: for final year students.
- Social Innovation Projects
- Mini, Micro and Capstan Projects: for 2nd year and 3rd year students
- Financial support through Institute RDC
- GATETUTOR training for preparation of Gate and competitive exams.
- Students Internship are carried out at reputed firms: National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), National Institute of Hydrology, Structechno Consultant, Pune, JMS Consultants Dharwad, JSW Bellary, Galagalli Associates,Hubballi, Behere Associates. Belagavi, Sagar Huddar Associates, Belagavi, J & W Consultants, Pune, B.M. Mahesh Hubballi, Aminbhavi and Hegde, Dharwad, Design Intrensic, Belagavi and other reputed firms.
- Major recruiters: L&T (ECC), MWH Pune, Mindtree, PunjLoyd, Renuka Sugars Pvt. Ltd. and B.G.Shirke Construction Company